Board index General Board General Board A new forum for convergence of integrals and series

A new forum for convergence of integrals and series

Chat about anything here.

Moderator: galactus

Are you in favor of a forum for convergence of integrals and series?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:39 am

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 4

sos440 User avatar
Integration Guru
Integration Guru

I think creating several forums with only specific purposes is not a good idea. :?

Such a practice would result in a bunch of forums, many of which have some degree of overlaps.

This will cause an extra effort for finding a particular topic.

Even now there are at least 3 forums devoted to integrals (definite/improper/residue), which is unnecessarily distracting for me.

Honestly, It's discouraging that Prophp BB system does not support tags... :(
Every integral harbors a story as fascinating as a comic book!

Shobhit Site Admin
Site Admin

sos440 wrote:
I think creating several forums with only specific purposes is not a good idea. :?

Such a practice would result in a bunch of forums, many of which have some degree of overlaps.

This will cause an extra effort for finding a particular topic.

Even now there are at least 3 forums devoted to integrals (definite/improper/residue), which is unnecessarily distracting for me.

Yes, I agree with you on this point.

I am thinking to merge the Residue Calculus section with Computation of Integrals.

I also think that there is no need for a Ramanujan Section. It is hardy ever looked at :? .

Honestly, It's discouraging that Prophp BB system does not support tags... :(

Unfortunately software like phpBB or even vBulletin don't support tags. :cry:

We will not be able to do anything for it now but it is possible that in the future tags are introduced in phpBB.

galactus User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sorry, E, but I tend to agree with SOS. Too many subforums creates confusion as to where the best place is to actually post a topic.

I think it is fine the way it is. Of course, you can merge several of them as you stated you were going to.

zaidalyafey User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Actually in a forum I started a topic to discuss the convergence of integrals here . I think , we don't need a separate forum for that but you can make a sticky thread in both series and integrals forums .
\(\displaystyle \sum_{k\geq 0}\frac{f^{(k)} (s)}{(s+1)_k} (-s)^{k}= \int^{1}_0x^{s} f(s x) \left( \frac{x}{s}\right) \, dx\)

Wanna learn what we discuss , see tutorials

Shobhit Site Admin
Site Admin

The result of the poll is clear.

I have decided not to make a new forum for convergence of I&S. Also, Residue Calculus and Ramanujan's Sections have been merged into Computation of Integrals.

Return to General Board