Board index General Board General Board MathJax

MathJax

Chat about anything here.

Moderator: galactus

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:52 pm
Shobhit Site Admin
Site Admin

[mathjax][/mathjax]
I have added the "mathjax" button on the tool bar.

The "mathjax" button will add the Mathjax Javascript to that particular page. Then "$", "$$", "\(" and "\[" will also become functional.

Here is an example:

The code

[mathjax][/mathjax]

$$\int_0^\infty \frac{1}{\prod\limits_{n=0}^\infty (1+e^{-10 n \pi}x^2)}dx=\frac{\pi^{\frac{3}{4}}\Gamma \left(\frac{3}{4}\right)}{2e^{\frac{5\pi}{8}}}\sqrt{5}\sqrt[8]{2}\left( 1+\sqrt[4]{5}\right)\sqrt{\frac{1+\sqrt{5}}{2}}$$

This expression $(3x-1)\sqrt{1+x^2}$ is an example of an inline equation.

will produce

$$\int_0^\infty \frac{1}{\prod\limits_{n=0}^\infty (1+e^{-10 n \pi}x^2)}dx=\frac{\pi^{\frac{3}{4}}\Gamma \left(\frac{3}{4}\right)}{2e^{\frac{5\pi}{8}}}\sqrt{5}\sqrt[8]{2}\left( 1+\sqrt[4]{5}\right)\sqrt{\frac{1+\sqrt{5}}{2}}$$

This expression $(3x-1)\sqrt{1+x^2}$ is an example of an inline equation.

The "mathjax" tag will enable latex only on that particular page. Also, if it has been used by other users on that page you don't need to use it again.

Post Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:15 am

I just set up a forum for my sister so that we could have a place for me to tutor her kids privately. I too used ProphpBB as the free host. I was disappointed to discover that I could not edit the templates to put the MathJax html in the header to enable LaTeX support, so at first I did what you have done and created a BBCode that runs the html to enable LaTeX for any topic making use of it.

However, I just now discovered that in the ACP, under the GENERAL tab and in the Board Configuration section there is an option for footer code. So, I put the html for MathJax there and now it is enabled automatically site wide. I was able to delete the mathjax BBCode entirely. 8-)
Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:01 am
Shobhit Site Admin
Site Admin

MarkFL wrote:
I just set up a forum for my sister so that we could have a place for me to tutor her kids privately. I too used ProphpBB as the free host. I was disappointed to discover that I could not edit the templates to put the MathJax html in the header to enable LaTeX support, so at first I did what you have done and created a BBCode that runs the html to enable LaTeX for any topic making use of it.

However, I just now discovered that in the ACP, under the GENERAL tab and in the Board Configuration section there is an option for footer code. So, I put the html for MathJax there and now it is enabled automatically site wide. I was able to delete the mathjax BBCode entirely. 8-)

Thanks Mark! Editing the footer worked! :)

I was hoping to edit the templates to put the MathJax html in the header but I realized I could edit the CSS file only. So I had to turn to BBCode for adding latex to posts. Now since LaTeX is working properly on all pages, there is no need for the "mathjax" and "tex" buttons.

Post Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Hey, I am glad to pass along any little tidbits I find out to others administrating boards.

Another good use for the footer code is to place your own "ad" at the bottom of each page. I wrote the following code to put a brightly colored box with a link to MHB on the forum I set up:

<BR>&nbsp;<BR>

<div style="background-color:yellow; border:2px solid black; margin-left:25px; margin-right: 25px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px;padding-top: 5px;padding-bottom: 5px"><font color="blue"><center>Visit <a href="http://mathhelpboards.com" target="_blank"><b><font color="red"><u>Math Help Boards</u></font></b></a> for friendly, free and expert math help.</center></font> </div>

You could edit this to suit your needs if you so desire. :geek:
Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Post Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 am

test,
\[\sum\limits_{n = 1}^\infty {\frac{1}{{{n^3}}}} {H_n}\]
$\int\limits_0^{\frac{\pi }{2}} {\exp ( - \frac{{\sin x}}{{\cos x}})dx}$
\[\gamma \]
\gamma
$\gamma$

Post Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 am
zaidalyafey User avatar
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

creasson

If you want to align the equations to the left use the tex tags. Hence the following code
  [tex]\int\limits_0^{\frac{\pi }{2}} {\exp \left( - \frac{{\sin x}}{{\cos x}}\right) dx}[/tex]

will render to

\(\displaystyle \int\limits_0^{\frac{\pi }{2}} {\exp \left( - \frac{{\sin x}}{{\cos x}} \right)dx}\)
\(\displaystyle \sum_{k\geq 0}\frac{f^{(k)} (s)}{(s+1)_k} (-s)^{k}= \int^{1}_0x^{s} f(s x) \left( \frac{x}{s}\right) \, dx\)

Wanna learn what we discuss , see tutorials

Return to General Board