Board index General Board General Board Using LaTeX on Integrals and Series

Using LaTeX on Integrals and Series

Chat about anything here.

Moderator: galactus

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am

Shobhit wrote:
MarkFL wrote:
With an edit of your header files to include some HTML code, you can get the $ and $$ and \[ \] delimiters to work.

Let me know, and I can PM you the instructions on how to accomplish this. :mrgreen:

Thanks Mark but my host does not allow me to edit the header file. I can edit the CSS file only. :)

Ah, okay...gotcha! :D

I sure wish MMF would dump mimetex and go with MathJax...it looks so much better, and renders every line, every time. I get so frustrated at MMF when it takes just as long to battle getting the \(\displaystyle \LaTeX\) as it does to actually compose the post. :o
Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:19 am

MathJax claims that if you install certain fonts, \(\displaystyle \LaTeX\) will render more quickly for you. I took their recommendation, passed along to me by Ackbach, an admin at MHB. It has made the rendering noticeable quicker. :D

To install these fonts, go here:

http://www.mathjax.org/help/fonts/

Finally, restart your browser.

Now, the increase in speed isn't dramatic, but over time it adds up. :geek:
Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:20 pm

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but I recently started a topic about two series and for some reason, the \( \LaTeX \) would not render even after having placed the appropriate delimiters. It only worked, though, when I placed some [tex] tags in my post without anything in between. Is that really supposed to happen? I remember the first time I posted a solution there was no need for such...
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:53 am
Shobhit Site Admin
Site Admin

Instant Crush wrote:
I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but I recently started a topic about two series and for some reason, the \( \LaTeX \) would not render even after having placed the appropriate delimiters. It only worked, though, when I placed some [tex] tags in my post without anything in between. Is that really supposed to happen? I remember the first time I posted a solution there was no need for such...

Whenever you use [tex] tags, the Mathjax script gets added to that particular page. So the delimiters '\(' and '\[' also become functional. However when [tex] hasn't been used on that page then '\(' and '\[' won't work. I suggest that you keep using [tex]. I am sorry about this but I can't do anything about it as explained in previous posts.

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:33 am

I also recommend using the tex button on the toolbar which our administrator has provided for ease of tag generation. 8-)

Previous

Return to General Board